Ecosystem Vulnerability Framing Questions
- Help communities and natural resource managers determine if they are currently at risk from wildfires and if they will be impacted in the future due to wildfires becoming more prevalent and severe;
- Provide information to the public on their sources of water and their sensitivities to climate change;
- Aid in the public understanding of the role that ecosystems play in mitigating rising carbon dioxide levels due to their absorbing and storing of carbon, as well as how land management activities may influence storage capabilities;
- Identify the potential impacts of climate change on rare and endangered species, iconic species, and ecosystems;
- Identify which invasive species may threaten specific locations and their impacts on local communities and their economies. This effort will contribute to early detection, rapid response activities.